For Full List of Rules, Regulations & Event Policies - CLICK HERE
To Download & Prefill your Waivers & Get a $1.00 off Admission - CLICK HERE
To Follow the Facebook Event Page - CLICK HERE
WHAT IS IT? – This is NOT an official match of any kind - USPSA, IDPA and IPSC are not involved with this event at all. Just come out, shoot some steel and have great time! Participants will engage in a Head-2-Head competition to see who can knock their plates down first! Two shooters will essentially "dual" against each other by engaging their own targets as fast as possible to establish a winner. Winners of each "duel" will receive FREE Shoot Tickets to shoot again without the need for a $5.00 buy-back. At the end of the day, the top 16 shooters will be bracketed down to the Top Two shooters who will compete for cash prizes. The “Steel Plate Shoot Out” is an event designed to bring individual shooters and firearm enthusiasts of all skill levels together for a fun and exciting competition to promote camaraderie, enhance shooting skills and increase participation in shooting sports.
WHEN? – Sunday October 22nd, 2023
- Shooter check-in @ 9:00am
- Range Hot @ 10:00am
- Participants can arrive and leave the match at any time - But winners MUST be present at the end of the day to defend their title!
WHERE? – 10-X Freedom Range, 12040 Valley Rd. Berkeley Springs, WV
WHO IS WELCOME TO ATTEND? – Everyone is welcome to attend the event –
- Shooters must be a minimum of 18 years old to compete.
- Spectators are welcome and encouraged to attend for a reduced entry fee.
- Children under 18 must be able to safely wear and effectively use appropriate safety equipment (side-wrap eye & ear protection).
SAFETY RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
ALWAYS keep firearms pointed in a safe direction,
ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, and,
ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until instructed to do so.
FIREARMS – Must be in safe working condition.
- PCC's (Pistol Caliber Carbines) are NOT permitted for use in this event.
- Firearms must utilize some sort of traditional sight system (iron sights, red dot or magnified optics). The use of laser beam sighting systems only is not permitted.
- This event is considered to be “open division” for all participants. We will not separate people into different “classes” or “divisions” based on firearm modifications.
- Modifications must be safe, legal and attached to the firearm using appropriate means designated by the manufacturer.
- Minimum Caliber 9x19mm in order to ensure that the falling targets fall properly.
- The following calibers are not permitted for use:
- .44 Magnum, .454 Casul, .500 S&W Magnum, 5.7x28,
- Any & All centerfire Rifle Calibers or Cartridges
- Any other Caliber that may create unsafe shooting conditions or cause damage to targets or target stands/ equipment.
- If you're not sure, please reach out!
COLD RANGE – This event is operated on a completely “Cold Range” meaning that all competitor’s firearms must remain holstered and unloaded (Empty Cylinder or, Empty Chamber & No Magazine Inserted) for the duration of the event.
GUN CASES – Shooters will not be drawing from the holster to engage targets, so there is no requirement that shooters wear a holster, however, if you are not wearing a holster, you will need an enclosed case for your firearm in order to bring it to the line and walk away from the line before and after competing.
HOLSTERS – For shooters who wish to carry their gun in a holster, holsters must be of good quality and must meet a few simple requirements.
- May be constructed of leather, kydex or nylon.
- Holsters must attach securely to the belt and may not permit the firearm to rotate or swing, causing it to have the potential to fall out or fall out of the holster.
- Holsters made of any other unconventional material may only be permitted for use on a case-by-case basis.
- Any holster that does not securely attach to a participant’s belt or belt/leg combination are not permitted for use.
- Non-permitted holsters may include but are not limited to, belly bands, hip packs, fanny packs, back packs, clothing pockets, purses, ccw purses, chest rigs, chest carriers, body armor, tactical chest rigs, tactical chest carriers, shoulder holsters, flash bang holsters, or any other holster system deemed unsafe for use.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT – Must be in safe working condition.
- Participants and spectators are required to wear eye and ear protection at all times while on the firing range.
- Eye protection MUST offer frontal and side protection to mitigate chances of shrapnal or ricochets from steel plates striking the eyes from front or sides.
- Ear protection may be foam ear plugs, ear muffs or electronic muffs/plugs.
INITIAL BUY-IN & BUY-BACKS
- $20.00 Initial Buy-In & Entry fee. Includes two shoot tickets to compete twice.
- $5.00 Buy-Back to shoot again for shooters who burn up their initial two tickets.
- WINNERS of each round and issued new shoot tickets and shoot again for FREE.
- CASH ONLY This event is cash only. There is an ATM located at the Liberty Gas Station a few minutes South on Route 522 towards Winchester, VA.